GT40 Single Flank Tester
Seven DOF SFT for TE applications in Spiral Bevel and Hypoid Gears.
GEI Systems, Inc. has developed a sophisticated and highly innovative gear testing system for the gear industry. This precision
gear testing system provides the kinds of data necessary for basic gear research, gear design and the development of master gear sets.
GT40 represents the new generation of SFT with multiple servo-controlled degree of freedom suspension system.
- The entire system, including motion control software as well as a data analysis system, is based on an open architecture approach which allows the end user to integrate any existing "in house" application programs and interface them to existing packages such as FEA, TCA, DSP, etc. The system also provides a hook up interface to new developments and expansions;
- Real Time Duplication of Dynamic Service Environment;
- Advanced sweeping mode to establish a sensitivity matrix for various errors in mounting conditions (not just the pinion cone position, but also for all four DOF, including backlash) to determine the best "sweet" pinion position
- The ability for the system to perform a real environmental condition simulation which includes the use of the spatial stiffness of the housing, bearings and shafts in real time. This option is called "dial-in stiffness".
Selected Unique System Features and Capabilities
- The system is able to complete a very sophisticated and comprehensive inspection procedure in a very short time: less than 20 sec. per side (drive & coast);
- Features all four DOF (degrees of freedom) for any mounting conditions of E,P,G and shaft angle S.
- Since the spindle is supported on a practically frictionless suspension, it has high resolution positioning capability with superior dynamic performance;
- Highly automated system with rapid and reliable/repeatable positioning of one member relative to the other to achieve any desired mounting conditions;
- Computer controlled RPM and Torque profiles can be used in addition to the four mounting conditions in real time applications;
- A force sensor network for measuring forces between gear and pinion members during the mesh;
- Complete compatibility with existing Gleason work holding equipment using Gleason 39 or Gleason 14 tapers.
Fax: (612) 920-7955